Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Linda & James

I rounded off my Whitsun Weddings in Longford on Saturday, as Lavagh girl Linda married Newtowncashel man James. I didn't realise until I got to her house that Linda's Dad is Longford football legend Liam Tierney, who played on the first Irish International side in the 1984 Compromise Rules Series, and now commentates on Shannonside Radio. He looked very proud walking Linda up the aisle, but was very modest when Fr Joe Brady spoke about his talents later.

I first met Linda at last year's wedding fair in Kilronan Castle - she's a big fan of classic black & white images, which is one of the reasons she liked my albums. Its ironic then that a lot of the the pictures from Saturday demand to be in colour, with greenery, flowers and blue skies at the Quarry Park in Newtowncashel, and beautiful mature trees in the grounds of The Abbey Hotel. As you can see from the pictures, there was a bit of rock-climbing involved at the quarry. Many brides might have opted to stay at ground level, but Linda was game and climbed all the way up to The Lovers' Retreat where she and James enjoyed a quiet moment or two together.

We had a giant family portrait session in the evening sunlight on the lawns of The Abbey before dinner, and having delegated the first dance shot to Linda's uncle Tony, I headed home tired but happy after my three-in-a-row. When you see a man sporting L Series glass on a 5D, he usually knows what he's doing. I'm back in The Abbey next Saturday and would love to get the same weather again.

300_9204

DSC_5552

300_8729

DSC_5832

300_8852

DSC_5998

DSC_6069

DSC_6426

DSC_6459

DSC_6479

DSC_6506

No comments: