Friday, June 17, 2011

HiMac!

This week I said hi to a new piece of equipment, and a new way of working. Technology changes at such a pace now that to keep working at the highest quality standards means continually upgrading and replacing gear. Already this year I've replaced my main camera, lens and flashgun. And with my trusty old Dell Dimension starting to slow down with the demands of newer RAM-hungry software packages, it was time to get something with a bit more power.

My mate Ger of Cedar Tree Digital Media has been a long-time user of Apple Macs and has spent the past couple of years nagging me to take the plunge and switch. So I finally did, and a new 27" iMac arrived the other day. At first it felt like writing left-handed, but it's all starting to make sense now. It's incredibly quick, the screen is fantastic, and no cables! Hopefully, it'll help me keep on top of a busy summer of weddings.

MACBlog

No comments: