Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cliodhna & Enda

After Stephen & Sarah's Humanist ceremony, I was back on more familiar territory for Cliodhna & Enda's wedding. The Church was Rathcormac in Sligo, which has great light, but a Parish Priest, Fr Donnelly, who is not all that fond of photographers. I've never had any problem working there, but discretion is important. Cliodhna broke with tradition by choosing a dramatic burgundy red dress with a big wow factor that really turned people's heads as she came up the aisle. I'm not sure what Fr Donnelly thought of it.

Like a lot of bride's houses on the morning of a wedding, Cliodhna's was hectic, with lots of comings and goings - her Dad John collecting the flowers, Kathleen making the tea, and bridesmaids texting madly. Things were calmer when I got to the church, until my main camera failed just as Cliodhna arrived. A quick change to one of my two back-up cameras meant all was well, but that's not something you want to happen regularly.

As the wedding was at 2 o'clock, the light was fading by the time we got to Tobernalt for some pictures, so the flashgun was strapped onto a tripod and called into use, before we headed on to Castle Dargan and the evening's festivities. Just before I left, Enda took up position behind the bar. If he looks pretty comfortable there, it's because he owned and ran a bar in Boston for 10 years before he came home to marry the girl of his dreams....

DSC_7865

300_4145

DSC_3981

DSC_7610

DSC_7839

Copy of DSC_4188

DSC_7876

DSC_8010a

2 comments:

Mark Capilitan said...

Was it a shutter? I had a shutter go last year, and I'm expecting another this year at some point!

John Reynolds said...

It was the shutter - €200 to repair. All seems fine again now....