Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sarah & Seamus

Seamus was a worried man when he and Sarah came to see me a couple of weeks before their wedding. "I've ruined every photo I've ever been in", he said, "I can't smile", he said, "I always look weird" he said. Even as a man whose profession involves the study of Theology and Philosophy, it seemed he was having trouble resolving this internal conflict. So Sarah & I sat him down, calmed him down, and got down to work with a pre-wedding photoshoot, something I encourage all my couples to do. By the time we'd finished, Seamus seemed happier, and after seeing the results, began to realise that everything was going to be ok on the day.

Of course, there were no such worries from Sarah, who is a natural in front of the camera, and was looking radiant when I arrived to her home on the morning of the wedding. The only little anxiety in the house was from Mum Hilary, who was determined that everyone would be arriving to the Cathedral on time. Usually, it falls to the photographer to take responsibility for the schedule, so it was good to have someone else minding the minutes - I may take her to all my weddings. Sligo Cathedral is quite dark, but it is lovely and ornate, with plenty of space to move around in discreetly, so I always enjoy working there. It was given added touches with some beautiful decorations from Feehily Florists, who always do a fantastic job down to the finest details.

After the ceremony, we set off for Donegal. Due to the conditions, we abandoned a planned stop on the beach at Streedagh and headed straight for Lough Eske, stopping for a few minutes at the gate lodge by the lakeshore. There was a great buzz going in the hotel, with guests being entertained by jazzy pianist Liam Gannon and gathering round the sweet cart and cake stand. The red velvet buns were to die for. Before we knew it, it was time for dinner, and after Sarah & Seamus's grand entrance the party got going. Niall was alongside me on video for the day - Dejá Groove provided the music. There had been a lovely musical interlude earlier in the day too, from the girls of the Ursaline Schools' Choir who performed while Sarah & Seamus signed the register.

Blog Collage-Sarah & Seamus

No comments: