Thursday, January 3, 2008

2007 Favourites - People & Creatures

Just back from a few days in the wonderful Abbeyglen Castle Hotel http://www.abbeyglen.ie/ for New Year. Thanks to the excellent company and fine hospitality of Brian Hughes and all his staff we spent our time partying and I had no time to think about pictures. Will have a look and see if there's anything worth sharing when I've recovered. In the meantime, here are a final few from last year.
Two young subjects in Killaraght -


This shot was taken in near total darkness at Lough Gara in August - handheld for a 30 second exposure using off-camera flash to freeze movement - I like the unorthodox look of it.

Despite Ireland's terrible performance in the Rugby World Cup, our weekend in Paris for the Argentina game was a highlight of 2007. Here are a couple of snaps of our group. The best picture of the year came from this trip -I'll post and discuss it separately soon.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John,
Really have to thank you the sweet comment you left me..I'm tryin' to work things out,believe me..By the way,happy new year too and always stop by my blog,whenever you want..
All the best,
Ludmila.

Anonymous said...

Love your photos Lensman. Those rugby fans you snapped are a pretty bunch aren't they?