Thursday, December 27, 2007

2007 Favourites - Weddings

At this time, everybody seems to be doing a review of the year in one form or another, so I may as well get in on the act. 2007 has been eventful, what with moving house and finally starting to work full time in photography.

I've been to lots of different wedding venues, and it's great that there are so many outstanding hotels within a relatively small radius of where I'm based.

So far, I've photographed weddings in -

The Landmark Hotel, Carrick-On-Shannon
Kilronan Castle, Keadue
The Abbey Hotel, Roscommon
Castle Dargan, Sligo
Slieve Russell, Ballyconnell
Markree Castle, Sligo
The Bush Hotel, Carrick-On-Shannon
The Clarion Hotel, Sligo
The Cavan Crystal Hotel
Knockranny House Hotel, Westport
Radisson Hotel, Sligo
Cromleach Lodge, Sligo
Ballybeg House, Aughrim, Wicklow
Lough Allen Ramada, Drumshanbo
McWilliam Park Hotel, Claremorris
Mullingar Park Hotel, Westmeath
Shannon Keywest, Rooskey

I like the unscripted, unposed moments that happen on a wedding day, and prefer to stay in the background to allow everyone to forget about the camera. For me, this means the photographer is more likely to capture the real emotions or humourous moments as they happen, rather than a series of staged poses with people smiling selfconciously at the camera. I think some of these pictures achieve that. We are very lucky to get the oportunity to photograph people looking and feeling their best on such an important day in their lives.











2 comments:

savannah_rae said...

I really enjoy your wedding pictures. I think it's great that you rather take candid photos, instead of staged ones. That really does capture the mood of the wedding, and I'm sure your clients are so thrilled when they see them. Your work is beautiful. I look forward to seeing more, and wish you all the best for the coming year!!
XOXO, Savannah

Suzanne said...

Wow! I love the way you photograph weddings. I agree, candid shots are so much more appealing and how I approach life as well. Your work really is beautiful. I've looked at every shot many times and each time I see something new. I like that.

I found a photographer here in the US a few years ago who takes gorgeous candid shots of weddings and families and saved her on my "Favorites." My Favorites List has become so long, finding her will be a struggle, but when I do I'll give you the info so you can take a look at her work. I think you'll enjoy what she does as well as her philosophy. The two of you sound very similar and your work beautiful. You might learn something from one another.

Till next time, XO Suzanne